Monday, October 10, 2005

Evil is too close

In my daily drive to work, I pass several fields of cows. They typically don't catch my attention, except for this morning. I was rounding a bend in the road, when all of the sudden, a cow was about 5 feet from my car...she was on the WRONG side of the fence!! I said to her, "Bessie, you're on the wrong side of the fence. A couple more steps in the wrong direction, and you'll become a premature hamburger!"

This reminded me of what I read in Judges 20:34 this morning. This chapter tells the story of how Israel was at civil war with itself. Here is what's said about the tribe of Benjamin "...and the battle was sore: but they knew not that evil was near them..." The chapter goes on to tell how the evil overtook them, and they lost the war.

In our youth group, we've been studying the topic of Purity...specifically, purity. Last night the guys learned about 3 tools that will help each of us in this battle. They're found in Ephesians 5:11-14, "11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. 13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. 14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. "Can you find these 3 tools? One is in verse 11, one is in verse 12, and the last one's in verse 13.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home