Monday, October 10, 2005

"I've Got My Rights!"

While you and I were sleeping last night, another Christian was arrested & tortured. When we were getting dressed for the day, a brother in Christ died for his faith. Every day, I hear of another Christian somewhere around the world who lost their life for the sake of Christ....and here we sit in America with an attitude of "I've got my rights as a Christian". Some people call this "Christian Liberty". It's what Paul was referring to in 1 Corinthians 6:12 where he said, "All things are lawful unto me..." In other words, as a Christian, we are no longer bound by the duties of the Old Testament law...Christ fulfilled the law for us.I wonder, though, if we've taken this too far. Have we forgotten what Paul said a few verses later in 6:20, "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." Have we forgotten Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:"If God bought us, and we are crucified with Christ, didn't He also take control of our 'rights'? What are some of these 'rights' that we try to claim as our own? How about: vocabulary, styles, schedules, etc. Let us not be found guilty of trying to control what really belongs to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home